Wednesday, November 26, 2003

A Mission for the Cabal

We, the Cabal of Style, being of sound mind and sound body, do hereby make a proclamation of intent. I cannot, however, declare it on my own. I do believe, as hokey as this sounds, that a good group blog needs a mission statement: something that sets it apart from the crowd. True, our award-winning sense of both fashion and humor gives us a leg-up over the competition (I'm looking at you, Sullivan!), but you don't get anywhere just emulating what has come before. You might be good at it, but you'll never out-Volokh the Volokh conspiracy! This mission statement will be an everchanging draft, a living document (blah blah blah). We want to write about politics? Granted. You want to be unrepentant Neocons? Of course! My challenge, one day after the inception of this blog, is that we do it with style. My fellow members of the Cabal, let us deliberate. (If you happen to BE Andrew Sullivan, know that getting a "leg-up on the competition" means you one day linking to us. If we're really, really lucky!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home